I told her that I would have to form one especially as I did not have fresh cream to make a usual mushroom sauce. She doesn't like cream anyway and was keen to know the outcome.
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 Onions
- Fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Seasoning cubes
Method of preparation:
The mushrooms here are wild so they are not as tender as mushrooms in stores. The last time I cooked with them, they were not as tender as I would have liked so I started by steaming them for a few minutes. This step I believe you can skip.
- Chop all the ingredients
- Melt the butter in a pan then put the garlic and onions in
- Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute
- Put the mushrooms in and fry till the mushrooms are tender
- Put in the green pepper
- Add the carrots and stir all together for a minute
- Season to taste - I used 2 seasoning cubes, salt, origano and parsley
- Add meat stock and allow to simmer for 3 minutes
- Peel and boil potatoes
Photos of some of the steps below...
|Fry onions and garlic|
|Add tomatoes then mushrooms|
|Behold the mushroom sauce|
|Served with potatoes|
As always, do let me know how you find it if you try.