Thursday 5 July 2018

Pasta in tomato and cream sauce

I needed a quick fix for lunch so I made pasta with tomato and cream sauce. Here is how I made it.

Total cooking time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
5 tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
4 onions
1 clove of garlic
Fresh parsley
500ml fresh cream
Pasta
2 table spoons of butter
Olive oil
Sausages

Seasoning:
Oregano
Italian herbs
Salt
Black pepper

Cooking method:
1) Blend tomatoes, green pepper, 3 onions and garlic
2) Put in a sauce pan then boil for 3 - 5 minutes so that some of the water can evaporate (depending on how much you used when blending) - This can be skipped as you can pour directly into oil from the blender in step 4
3) Chop onions, garlic and chop the sausages to bite size
4) In a separate pan, put the butter then fry the remaining onion and garlic. Once it starts to brown, pour in the boiled/blended tomatoes
5) Stir and allow all ingredients mix together for five minutes then put sausages in and leave for one more minute
6) Season then pour in fresh cream
7) Leave to cook for another three minutes
8) On the other hand, put water to boil for the pasta. Add salt and a a few drops of olive oil. Once the water is boiling, put the pasta in. Allow to cook until al dente
9) Drain the water out of the pasta then put it in the sauce
10) Stir everything together and allow to simmer for a few minutes

11) Take off fire then throw some parsley leaves over and voià! Some cheese over this would be great!

I skipped the cheese as I already have enough lactose from the cream to punish my system with. I am lactose intolerant but it doesn't stop me from eating all I shouldn't be eating 😃





No comments:

Post a Comment