Friday 18 March 2016

Banana Split with Yoghurt and Jam


Today I bring you this easy to prepare recipe, no cooking involved.

Ingredients
- Bananas
- Yoghurt
- Strawberry Jam
- Sliced Almonds
- Blueberries/raspberries

Alternative ingredients
-Watermelon
- Unsalted crackers

In the original recipe, here is method of preparation:

Split the banana lengthwise and lay the two halves in a shallow bowl.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the yogurt and put it on top of the banana.
Warm the jam in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds, or until it is very runny.
Use a spoon to drizzle the jam over the yogurt, and sprinkle the nuts over everything.
Top with the blueberries, and dig in!








When I tried this, I did not have all the ingredients at home so as always, I decided to improvise.

I had jam but didn't have blueberries. I didn't want to use jam so this was my own method of preparation:
- Split the bananas in two slices, lay them out in bowls (I used 5 bananas)
- Pour yoghurt over the bananas
- Break crackers onto it (I used four slices/sticks of biscuits) - in place of nuts (pictured above)
- Top with watermelon instead of blueberries


 It was divine! It can serve as a dessert, or breakfast, I had it for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment