Tuesday 9 February 2016

Salmon and potatoe recipe

I visited a friend in November and being the food lover that I am, I prepared a certain dish for her. She enjoyed it so much and asked that I put the dish out here. When I have the time, I cook, my friend and I share that passion and tend to exchange recipes from time to time.

So this was a salmon and potato dish.
One thing is that I generally do not measure when I cook, I use my discretion for measurements but somehow the portions I end up using are always fine. I improvise a whole lot too. If I post many more dishes, you will notice that :-)

Ingredients:
- Salmon
- Spinach
- Potatoes
- Cheddar cheese (other types of cheese could work too)
- Green and red pepper
- Crème fraiche
- Salt
- Black pepper
- Onions
- Sesoning cubes or any other flavour you might like


Method of preparation 
Boil potatoes in salted water till almost tender ( 7 - 10 minutes)
Heat the oven and grease pan lightly
Cut salmon in little slices
Chop up onions and peppers
Drain the potatoes when boiled and put into the pan
Put the salmon over the potatoes
Throw in the spinach, cheese, peppers, then all the seasoning
Lastly, scatter the cheese over everything
For moisture, I added a small amount of the water I drained from the potatoes  
Then bake for 30 - 40 minutes.

I was going to take it out after 30 minutes but my friend kept asking me to leave it in because she wanted the fish to cook properly, hahahahaha. Making this dish for her was an adventure. I was pleased that she liked it in the end. 

Normally, the crème fraiche should go in just before the cheese but my friend would not have me put any cream as her entire house hold does not like cream. I had to skip it but the dish came out fine. If you happen to be like her, be rest assured that the dish will come out fine :-)

This link has a similar dish, so it could serve as a guide if you are big on measurements.

The outcome, yummy!
If you choose to try, please let me know how you find this dish. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment