Sunday 6 January 2019

Mushroom sauce

I went to the market and there were mushrooms everywhere so I got some. I was chatting with a friend and she asked for the recipe I would use. 
I told her that I would have to form one especially as I did not have fresh cream to make a usual mushroom sauce. She doesn't like cream anyway and was keen to know the outcome.

Cooking time: 1 hour


Ingredients:
- Mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 Onions
- Garlic
- Fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Origano
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt
- Potatoes

Method of preparation:
The mushrooms here are wild so they are not as tender as mushrooms in stores. The last time I cooked with them, they were not as tender as I would have liked so I started by steaming them for a few minutes. This step I believe you can skip.
- Chop all the ingredients
-  Melt the butter in a pan then put the garlic and onions in
- Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute
- Put the mushrooms in and fry till the mushrooms are tender
- Put in the green pepper
- Add the carrots and stir all together for a minute
- Season to taste - I used 2 seasoning cubes, salt, origano and parsley
- Add meat stock and allow to simmer for 3 minutes
- Peel and boil potatoes

Photos of some of the steps below...

Fry onions and garlic

Add tomatoes then mushrooms

Behold the mushroom sauce

Served with potatoes
I was pleased with the result and it was tasty 😋
As always, do let me know how you find it if you try.

8 comments:

  1. I am on my way to the market ��. Looks sumptuous. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure tasted good. I shall be waiting for feedback :-)

      Delete
  2. I have mushrooms I'm about to throwaway...not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does sound so amazing. I'll have to try the recipe. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Benefits of Travelling

  Let’s face it, life can be hard. We have a lot going on at different times of our lives. How do you disconnect from all the pressure and o...