Tuesday 23 January 2018

Banana oatmeal cookies

I had a few bananas in my kitchen that I knew would not keep till the next day. I had to come up with something to do with them.
Most of the ideas that popped into my head were smoothies but I wanted to try something new so I looked online and here is what I found!

I didn't have all the ingredients, so I made do with what was available in my kitchen.


Ingredients
- bananas
- quaker oats
- half tablespoon of brown sugar
- dried raisins
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of butter

Method of preparation
- preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius
- blend bananas and pour into a bowl
- add all other ingredients and mix everything
- take portions according to the size you would like the cookies to be and mould 
- it felt too soft when I started, but I read from the recipe above that the cookies would harden while they were cooling down
- grease pan/use foil paper then put the cookies on and bake for 45 minutes
Before baking
Depending  on how your oven burns, you may have to flip the cookies over midway through baking.
After...I like the crunchiness of it being slightly burnt
This recipe is super easy to make and is healthy. Total cooking time = 1 hour.
And voilà!
Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment