Saturday 26 November 2016

Vegetable purée/soup

Last Sunday was such a lazy day for me. I literally could not get out of bed. It took such will power to finally do so around 2pm. I was starving but didn't have the strength to do any major cooking. I looked in my fridge and there were vegetables staring back at me. I knew that if I didn't use them, they would go bad so here is what I cooked up.

Ingredients:
- About 8 carrots
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 onions
- Garlic
- One cucumber
- A table spoon of olive oil
- Salt

Cooking time: 30 minutes



- I cleaned and put all the vegetables in a pot over low heat to steam for about 2 minutes (except cucumber of course).

-  I let them cool down them blended all together.



- I put a pan over low heat, poured in the table spoon of  olive oil then heated my purée for a minute and sprinkled salt over it.

Voilà, food was ready!

This is packed full of nutrients and suitable for all ages. Bread is not a bad idea to eat with this!

NB - I am sure more vegetables can be used and the final result could be garnished with parsley ;) but these ingredients were what I had available.

If you happen to be like me this weekend, maybe you should give this a try.


2 comments:

  1. Looks nice, sounds like lots of nutrients. I wonder how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will depend on your taste buds. If you are one for heavy spices, you might want to spice it. Salt was the only thing I used as the rich taste of all the vegetables was just fine ;)

      Delete