A friend who has a young son sent me a message to ask for ideas on how to prepare potatoes for lunch for her son to take to school. My first question was, is he a lover of vegetables? She said he eats it but it's not his favourite.
Well I told her that you can't go wrong with potatoes, it can be prepared in so many ways.
I have made this dish at different times and it's so easy to prepare. So without thinking hard, it was my suggestion to her:
- Green beans
- Green and red bell peppers
- Seasoning cubes (optional)
Please note - Some ingredients are optional/can be substituted, and should be what your child/you might like.
Method of preparation:
- Boil potatoes with salt for five minutes (do not let them overcook)
- Chop up carrots, green beans, pepper, onions and garlic
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove from heat
- Put your butter in a pan over low heat
- Put green beans, peppers then onions and garlic
- Add sausages
- Add very little salt to the vegetables and seasoning cubes if you wish - I find that the salt from the butter and from the potatoes almost makes up for what you might need so I add very little seasoning.
- Stir together over low heat for two minutes
- Add turmeric
- Put potatoes in and stir everything together for another two minutes or more, as you deem fit.
|Potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, red bell pepper|
|All ingredients listed|
Have a great weekend and don't forget to give feedback if you try :-)