Guest post alert 😊 A post of mine is up on his website so I am doing likewise. Enjoy...
Visiting Spain or France for vacation? I have been visited both Spain and France a few times. So, I wanted to write a friendly post to share my thoughts on these two amazing European destinations.
lets look at their qualities;
- The prices in Spain can be hit and miss dependant on location. For example, Barcelona is expensive and various other Spanish locations can be a world apart regarding price. It also, depends on the type of holiday you are going for.
- Culture is big in Spain, there are amazing cities to see and get a feel for the history. Don't forget Picasso was born in Malaga and there you can find a museum displaying his breath-taking work.
- Sun, who doesn't love sunshine. Spain is known for its sweet summer sunshine. Also, the Costal resorts of the Mediterranean are blessed with over 300 days of sunshine a year (that is something we could all benefit with in our life).
Cities, towns and villages in Spain
- Spain is lucky to have some of the most visited cities in the world. Such as, Valencia, Madrid and Barcelona. I have recently visited Barcelona and i can tell you its is AMAZING! You can feel the history in the air as you walk through the streets. But, don't let the history confuse you for being old-fashioned. Barcelona has some of the world's best shopping available. For more on Barcelona check here
- Spain has some incredible Costal beaches and they stretch towards 6000 miles. They vary from wonderful stretches of smooth golden sands to dotted patches of rock
- My personal experience France is very pricey, granted I was moving around the South Coast, which is a little more extravagant area. Although, France is very cheap for wine, you can pick a bottle of fruity red for around 3 Euros, a happy price for everyone. However, one thing that drains your funding is the car parking, I hired a car there but I was stung by the cost of parking. You can expect to pay at least 10 Euros for 3-4 hours parking. When you're visiting a few areas, this can start to cost a small fortune.
- Culture has a real place in France, people flock from all over the world to see the culinary arts this top European country has to offer. Probably the most famous area for culture, the city of Loooooove, Paris. France is also very proud of the cuisine they have to offer. But, I wasn't a big fan of the snails, however, the food is great.
- France does get great weather, especially the South Coast in summer. Nice in summer can reach highs of around 89°F, sweet. I was on the South Coast in around March time and the weather in France was warm. It could be a little chilly at times in the day and in the shade, but, warm enough to do some sun bathing on the beach in Monaco.
Cities, towns and villages in France
- Like Spain, France has some fantastic areas. I was lucky enough to visit some of the most stunning areas on the coast, like Nice, St Tropez, Monaco, Cannes and Antibes. Each area had something unique about it. The Antibes had some festival event happening whilst I was there and it is also famous for the major film festival. St tropez is one of the most luxurious hot spots in the world. here you can find millionaires hopping on and off their luxury yachts, before hitting the streets for some shopping in shops such as Gucci. See more about my time http://thenorthernboy.com/nice-france
- In comparison to Spain, personally I wouldn't say France's beaches can compare with Spain's beauty's. I called at a few of the beaches on the coast and I have done my research into the other nice beaches France offers. There's many stunning beaches in France, don't get me wrong. But, I do think Spain has the overall more stunning beaches.
Two amazing places to visit in Europe
Visiting Spain or France, they are both super cool places and have a lot to offer to their visitors. But, personally I do prefer Spain, what is your favourite place in Europe?