Looking for something to try this weekend?
Again I looked in the fridge and decided to use what I had available. Here is what I whipped up last night.
Spices of choice
|These were the spices I used. Didn't have any herbs so tried to make up with these|
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Method of preparation:
- Clean and chop up ingredients
- Put a pan on low heat and put a cooking spoon of oil in
- I put the ingredients in a minute apart as I prefer to keep the crunchiness of the vegetables. They were put in the following order:
Stirring continually, once they are cooked, season to your taste
- Prepare sausages on the side
- Bring the water to boil, put a few drops of oil and a pinch of salt, depending on the amount of the couscous. Couscous could turn out badly if you do not use the right amount of water. Put the couscous in the boiling water and it cooks within a minute or slightly more.
- Take off the heat and cover for another minute then fluff with a fork or else, you'll have it in clumps.
|The onions, cabbage and coucous can hardly be told apart! Pardon the poor quality of the photo|
You could choose to pour the stir fry into the couscous or serve the couscous and stir fry separately. I poured the stir fry in.
Hope you like it if you try :-)