I was nominated by Lizi, (see her blog here) for the Liebster Award. l looked to see the origin of the award but I have seen numerous blogs so I'll stick to Lizi's introduction which is pretty much the same as many others.
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less
than 200 followers.
What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German
and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind,
pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. List 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions they have asked you
4. Nominate 11 other people
5. Ask the nominees 11 questions
6. Last and definitely least, let them know you have nominated them.
1) Lizi, I cannot tell why you nominated me but I am grateful you have some faith in me to put me out there. Thank you for the nomination!
2 )My List:
1) I love adventures...I always am ready to try new things, my mum worries that I may hurt myself someday but I go ahead nevertheless.
2) I think in my past life I was an academic, it plays out in so many ways in my current life.
3) I love mornings, I am most productive then :-)
4) Music keeps me sane especially while driving in Abuja.
5) Some of my friends call me a neat freak! I just happen to be that way!
6) The craziest thing I have done recently is Sky Diving...it was so much fun.
7) My family is my most prized possession.
8) I have always been full of energy, it is difficult to sit still for too long, gets me bored.
9) I happen to be one who believes in hearts and flowers (sure you know what I mean).
10) The girly girl in me loves jewellery and shoes.
11) As a child, I always cried while watching horror movies but cried even more if the movie was turned off (for some reason I guess I liked the thrill) but nightmares followed. I am still scared that I'll have nightmares if I watch horror movies at night.
3) Lizi's questions:
1. If you could have a super power what would it be and why? (and that’s one question)
That Mary Poppins effect, snap my finger and make things clean. Why? Nigeria needs people like me to wipe out some brains.
2. If u were stranded on a desert island what three things and which one person would you want to have with you?
Water, music and food. The person to have with me? Jamie, together we'll find a solution somehow.
3. Movies or novels?
Right now, movies...I need to slow down with reading, haha
4. If you could get to meet one great person, dead or alive, who would it be?
5. If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you’d buy?
I honestly don't know...
6. To paraphrase Pink Floyd, would you prefer a walk-on part in a war
or a lead role in a cage? (walk-on part in oyibo move = waka pass in
Nollywood. Just in case you were wondering)
Lead role please
7. If you were late for an appointment and found out 5 minutes from
your house that you’d left your phone behind would you go back for it?
Yes, because I would need to notify them about my lateness.Too risky not to have that phone with me.
8. OK, we need to get something literary in here. Ummm… If you
could get one of the writing greats to mentor you who would it be?
9. OK, back to random stuff. If you could change one physical feature of yours what would it be?
Can't think of any
10. If you could change one aspect of your character what would it be?
Being blunt and I am changing that already to being diplomatic :-)
11. What did you want to grow up to be when you were little?
4) My nominees:
5) My questions:
1) What item is first on your bucket list?
2) How often do you give yourself a treat after all the hard work?
3) What is your fantasy travel destination?
4) Why do you blog?
5) What is the best thing that has happened to you?
6) Describe your most embarrasing moment
7) Do you prefer driving automatic or manual cars?
8) At this moment, who can you not live without?
9) Who inspires you most and why?
10) Do you think God exists? Why?
11) List two virtues and two vices you have.
Thank you again Lizi. Now I am looking forward to reading from all my nominees, don't spoil the fun :-)